Orientation Registration Schedule
Call 713.718.5381 for an appointment
No reservations are necessary. Please be on time for your chosen session.
Funding for Adult Education and Literacy (AEL) programs is provided by the Gulf Coast Workforce Development Board. AEL programs are part of the Workforce Solution system of services. Houston Community College supports, and the College is committed to, providing a learning and working environment that promotes personal integrity, civility, and mutual respect in an environment free of discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity and gender expression, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status. The followingperson has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: David Cross, Director EEO/Compliance, 3100 Main Street, Houston, TX 77002, 713.718.8271 or email@example.com
What does the Houston Community College Adult Education & Literacy program offer?
- ESL classes designed to help foreign language learners to improve fluency and learn English.
- ABE and High School Equivalency (HSE) classes designed to improve basic skills and prepare students for the HSE examinations (GED, HiSET, or TASC), develop job readiness skills, prepare for college or workforce trainings.
Who is eligible for the HCC Adult Education & Literacy program?
- Applicants 18 years old and older.
- Age exceptions are made on a case-by-case basis. All exceptions must be cleared through the Adult Education & Literacy program during the orientation/registration site.
What do I bring to registration & orientation?
- Valid, government-issued picture ID (passport, state driver license, state ID or resident alien card, etc.).
- Social Security Card (if available) or document to verify SS# (if available).
- Blue pen and #2 pencil.
What should I expect at the registration & orientation session?
- Applicants will be assessed to determine their academic levels.
- Be prepared to stay at least 2-3 hours.