Become a Tutor
Thank you for your interest in Tutoring with Houston Community College. Due to the large amount of applicants we receive and review daily, we ask that you please be patient with the hiring process. HCC recently implemented a new application software to better serve the applicant and the hiring manager in a timely manner.
The part-time positions available are: Tutor I, Tutor II, Tutor III and Lab Assistant II
Instructions on how to search and apply to a job:
- Go to www.hccs.edu
- On top right of screen, drop-down “About HCC”, then select “Careers @HCC”
- Scroll down and select “Search for a job at HCC”
- You may have to create a profile before applying
- Lab Assistant II- Type 16001HR in the “Keyword field box” and click 'Search'
- Tutor I - If have 12-60college credits completed. Type 16001HY in the “Keyword field box” and click 'Search'
- Tutor II - If you have over 60college credits completed & 1+ years of Tutoring/Teaching Experience. Type 16001J3 in the “Keyword field box” and click 'Search'
- Tutor III - If you have a Master’s Degree (Degree Conferred) & 3+ years of Tutoring/Teaching Experience. Type 16001J4 in the “Keyword field box” and click 'Search'
Pleasenote: to become a Tutor III, you must meet our credentialing standards, which vary by subject
Then, click on the position title…Tutor I, Tutor II, Tutor III or Lab Assistant II
- Click “Apply for Job”. Follow the steps through to “Submit Application”
- You will receive a confirmation number. Keep it for your reference.
Next Step: It is important that you follow these instructions....Scan the following THREE items (in ONE email, but as separate attachments).
- Copy of Official or Unofficial Transcripts for ALL Tutoring Positions
- Letter of recommendation from Faculty, Chair, or Dean
Include in your email:
- Official Name
- Telephone number
- Email address
- All the subjects you feel confident in tutoring
- How you learned about the position Then, please wait for a hiring manager to call you.
Then send the email to the appropriate Learning Center Managers, and wait for their response
- Amanda Guerrero, Director of Instructional Support: email@example.com (District Office, Central Campus)
- Patrick Teoh, Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org (Alief, Katy, Northeast,North Forrest, Northline, Pinemont & Spring Branch)
- Juanita Martinez, Manager: email@example.com (Eastside, Fraga, MissouriCity, Stafford, & Westloop)
If you have questions about the application process contact Human Resources via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 713-718-8565 to speak to a Senior HR Representative.