With a nationwide demand to fill an increasing need, commercial truck driving opportunities have never been better! You could be embarking on a new career by enrolling in the next class. A new course begins every two weeks. Graduates will be eligible for employment interviews with local and national companies. Entry level wages average $35,000 annually.
Trucks deliver 70 percent of all freight tonnage and 80 percent of U.S. communities receive their goods exclusively by truck. There are currently 3.5 million commercial drivers, averaging $50,000 annually. Over the next ten years the American Trucking Association (ATA) projects a need for 96,178 new drivers per year. These opportunities exist because of industry growth (36%), retirement (37%), drivers not meeting current guidelines (16%) and changing careers (11%). This offers an excellent opportunity for a new career.
What are the prerequisites?
- Be at least 18-years-old for intrastate; 21-years-old interstate
- Pass a DOT physical
- Pass DOT drug test
- Have a good driving record
- Have a valid Class C Driver’s License
- Six-week day program, 286 hours PTDI Certified
- Twelve-week program, 286 hours
- Academic and practical application
- Industry appropriate equipment used for training
- Six-week day classes begin every two weeks
- Evening and weekend classes begin every 12 weeks
- Opportunity to meet industry recruiters
- Upon successful completion, a Class A, Texas Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) will be obtained.
Reasons for becoming a Professional Truck Driver
- A growing industry has created the need for thousands of new entry level drivers
- $35,000 average entry-level yearly wage
- Job advancement as a dispatcher, recruiter or manager, manager, or owner operator
- Chance for personal fulfillment through travel
Trucking driving class schedule
6 WEEKS - Monday - Friday - 7:00 AM - 5:30 PM
12 WEEKS - Thursday 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM or Saturday & Sunday 7:00 AM - 5:30 PM
12 WEEKS - Monday - Friday 5:30 PM - 10:30 PM
Cost of course is $3,500 (Physical and Drug Screen included)
PTDI Certified Courses
Registration Information and Requirements
Registration takes place at the Roland Smith Commercial Truck Driving facility.
It is recommended that interested students register early in order to guarantee a place in the class. A maximum of 9-15 students will be allowed in each class.
Registration must be completed, including paid tuition and Department of Transportation (DOT) physical and drug test at least one week prior to the beginning date of the class.
Payment of tuition may be made by cash, check, MasterCard or Visa.
Student failing the DOT drug test will not be permitted to attend class.