State Financial Aid (TASFA)
NOTE ABOUT 2017-2018 STATE AID (Fall 2017, Spring 2018, Summer 2018)
TASFA Award amounts vary based on availability of funds and number of eligible applicants. At this time, funds are no longer avalaible for the 2017-2018 aid year.
For more information, please visit your campus financial aid office.
FOR 2018-2019 AID YEAR (Fall 2018, Spring 2019, Summer 2019)
Students who meet the residency requirements under House Bill 1403/Senate Bill 1528 are encouraged to complete the Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TASFA).
Submit the TASFA directly to the campus financial aid office. Supporting income documentation (e.g., tax transcript for both student and parent) must accompany the application.
- TPEG Short Term Loan Request
- Work Study Intent to Enroll Form
- Statement of Student Eligibility Texas Form
Financial aid will verify student eligibility using the completed TASFA application and supporting documentation.
Students who are eligible to complete the TASFA can compete for state funds from the following sources if they meet all of the requirements:
- Texas Resident: Student must be classified as a Texas resident in order to be eligible for state funding. A non-resident who pays a resident rate due to a tuition waiver is not a resident for the purpose of this application.
- Selective Service Registration: An undocumented student must be registered for selective service. Verification of Selective Service registration can be obtained from http://www.sss.gov. Selective Service registration forms are readily available at the campus financial aid office, so that a student without a Social Security number can complete his registration.