Managing work, food, bills, school and family obligations is the ultimate juggling act as a student.
We know it can be overwhelming at times. HCC Financial Coaches connect you with on-campus and community resources that will help you: achieve academic success; push through financial emergencies; make refunds last longer and start really moving toward financial security.
A resource is only valuable if you know it exists. Don't wait to know what is available — meet with a financial coach or attend their scheduled events.
Summer Work-study Job Fairs
- Register: Click here to register for the work-study job fair.
- Download Flyer: 2018 Summer Work-study Job Fairs
18 Money Matters Scholarships Available: Visit www.hccs.edu/finlitscholarships for more information.
Why You Should Connect With Financial Coaches
Help With Financial Emergencies
We get that just when you think you have mastered managing bills, work and school — LIFE happens and it can shift your focus away from class.
Life "can happen" in a lot of different ways.
- Refund ran out and unexpected bills make it impossible to cover basic needs.
- A loved one needs your financial support.
- Your living situation changes for the worst.
- A car accident affects you being able to work.
- Natural disasters set you back financially.
HCC’s Financial Coaches will connect you with resources to help you through your financial emergency, so you can remain focused on finishing school.
Summer 2018 Events
This semster, you can expect some great, resoureful events and other initiatives to help you throughout the semester. Check back here for updates and info.
Scholarships from Partners
Through the Financial Coaches established network of community partners, they often hear about great scholarship opportunities. Scholarships are a great, debt-free way to offset all or part of the cost of your education.
Visit www.hccs.edu/finlitscholarships for up-to-date list of scholarships from the Financial Coaches' community partners.
Student Loan Debt Help
After graduation when you seek to start a career, raise a family, buy a home, launch a business and/or save for retirement, debt can leave you feeling overwhelmed, burdened and out of options. Feeling like this doesn’t have to be your reality — you DO have options to manage and overcome federal student loan debt.
HCC's Financial Coaches are committed to informing students, alumni, faculty, staff and community members about public service loan forgiveness and affordable, income-based federal student loan repayment options.
Click here to learn more about repayment options.
COMING SOON : Where to Go If You Need Help - Resource Guide
HCC Financial Coaches connect you to on-campus and community resources that will help you: achieve academic success; push through financial emergencies; make refunds last longer; and start really moving toward financial security.
Please check back for a resource guide that will let you know what is available when you need help.
Contact Financial Coaches
Northwest College (Alief, Spring Branch & Katy)
Please reach out via email for assistance, firstname.lastname@example.org.
West Loop + Coleman College for Health Sciences
How Financial Coaches Support Community Partners
What Financial Coaches Offer: Community Partners, Non-profits, Governmental Agencies and NGOs
Established in 2014, the award-winning HCC Financial Coaches EDUCATE, EMPOWER AND EQUIP the Houston community with resources to:
- Increase financial literacy.
- Reduce financial barriers to completion of higher education workforce or academic programs.
- Overcome financial emergencies.
- Achieve financial security.
Financial Coaches support community partners' effort by:
- Equipping them with tools to educate clients about how FAFSA and financial aid works.
- Offering financial aid workshops to clients.
- Connecting students to partners’ offerings including, but not limited to housing, utility, food, transportation and healthcare.